Rotary International Day at the United Nations Geneva !Sonntag, 29. Januar 2017
President-elect Ian Riseley has decided to move Rotary Day at the United Nations from New York to Geneva, the city known as the worldwide center for diplomacy and peace.
This global event will take place on November 11th, 2017 and will culminate the city of Geneva's annual Peace Week.
The motto of 2017 Rotary International Day is "Peace: Rotary, making a difference."
The event will:
- Strengthen Clubs, inspire them to explore diverse cultures, speak various languages, exchange ideas across regional and national boundaries
- Enable Rotary members in a new geographic region to explore Rotary’s historic relationship and ongoing collaboration with the United Nations
- Focus and increase Humanitarian Service
- Gather experts who will speak on peace, the refugee crisis, technology and humanitarian aid and who will inspire participants to make a difference at local, regional and global levels
- Enable Rotarians to network and collaborate with UN, NGO and other Geneva-based experts speaking, sponsoring, exhibiting at the event
- Enhance Public Image and Awareness
The detailed agenda will be shared globally in the next future.